Being able to throw together a quick delicious pizza is a handy tool to have in your toolbox. Leftovers make a great selection of toppings especially combined with other sauces to add a new twist and flavour profile. Here is a simple Barbecue Chicken Pizza we love!
- Your favourite dough, pita bread, flat bread, or wraps bread (for pizza base)
- 1 pound cooked shredded chicken breast (or pulled pork)
- 3/4 cup of your favorite Sinai Gourmet BBQ sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra -virgin olive oil (2x 1 tbs)
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 cup cheese of choice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley or cilantro for garnish or Sinai Gourmet hot honey
Step 1: Preheat oven to 425°f (218°c) for pita, flat bread, or wrap bread or according to baking instructions for dough you are using. Coat rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray or oil.
Step 2: Add 1/4 cup of your choice of Sinai Gourmet BBQ sauce to shredded chicken (or pork). Mix.
Step 3: Brush 1 tablespoon olive oil to coat pizza base. Bake until golden in spots (about 10 minutes).
Step 4: Grate zucchini through large holes on box grater, pat dry with clean kitchen towel. Combine zucchini with remaining 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce in a small bowl. Mix.
Step 5: Turn pizza base over , brush with remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Top evenly with saucy zucchini, chicken or pork, and cheese of choice. Bake until the cheese is melted, 6-8 minutes at 425°f (218°c).
Step 6: Serve sprinkled with fresh parsley, cilantro, or Sinai Gourmet hot honey if desired.