Here’s a Sinai Gourmet baba ganoush with poblano recipe. A delicious Middle Eastern healthy treat for the whole family and a truly amazing dip! It seem to be a complicated recipe but trust us it is very simple.
We happen to smoke our eggplants, which does make it a little more complicated if you don’t have a smoker, but you can easily BBQ or put the eggplants in the oven. This has the added benefit of cutting the cooking time too!
The first step of the recipe is to cook the eggplants until they are soft to the touch and the second is to mix everything in a food processor. Give it a try and let us know what you think!
- 3 large eggplants: poke holes throughout and cover in a thin layer of olive oil
- Smoke with apple wood for 3 hrs at 300F or bake in over/BBQ for 35-45 mins at 400F until feels soft inside
- Peel eggplants and press in strainer to remove as much liquid as possible.
Sinai Gourmet Baba Ganoush Recipe:
In a food processor add:
- strained eggplants
- juice of 2 big lemons
- 5-6 garlic cloves (you can smoke these with eggplant for extra flavour)
- 1.5 tsp of kosher salt
- 1-2 tbsp of Poblano Original (or Jalapeno / Habanero if you want it spicier)
- 120-150 mL’s of good quality tahini (the tahini makes all the difference)
Puree until smooth!
To serve we like to give it colour and some pop. Options include drizzling olive oil on top and add a little smoked paprika and parsley for colour. If you don’t like paprika you can add cumin or black pepper. Fresh mint makes a great substitute for parsley.
We’d love love to hear what you think about this recipe so leave a review or reach out and contact us directly. Hope you enjoy enjoy our Sinai Gourmet baba ganoush with poblano recipe!