Tostados are the Mexican of an open-faced sandwich served on a tortilla. An amazing tostado should combine a mix of flavours and textures: crunchy from coleslaw, fatty from cheese, comfort from chicken, and ideally some heat from Hot Sauce.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups coleslaw mix or shredded cabbage
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup baked beans
- 2 2/3 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1-2 teaspoons of Sinai Gourmet Original Hot Sauce (Poblano, Jalapeno, Habanero, or hotter)
- 8 tostada shellsa
- 1 cup shredded smoked cheddar cheese
Step 1: Toss the lemon juice, mayonnaise, brown sugar, and pepper into coleslaw mix with green onions refrigerate until serving.
Step 2: Mash beans with potato masher, place in small saucepan and heat gently, stirring frequently, for about 10 minutes.
Step 3: In another saucepan mix cooked shredded chicken with a Sinai Gourmet Original Hot Sauce of your choice. Cook over med-low heat until heated through, for about 10 minutes. If using uncooked chicken, make sure internal temperature of chicken reaches at least 165°f (74°c).
Step 4: To assemble place tostada shells, on an ungreased baking sheet spread a layer of beans and then top with chicken mixture and cheese.
Step 5: Broil on top rack of oven until shells are lightly brown and cheese is melted (1-2 minutes).
Step 6: Top with slaw and serve immediately.
Comments are closed.